Your current 2017 - 2018 board members are:
Dave Cefola (President; term expires 2018)
Butch Haase (Vice-President; term expires 2019)
Kirby Kester (Board Member; term expires 2020)
Scott Shelton (Secretary; term expires 2020)
Joe Kitagawa (Board Member; term expires 2018)
John Doyle (Board Member; term expires 2019)
Bliss Newman-Parker (Board Member; term expires 2020)
We continue to have a water system that is recognized as one of the best in Hawaii. I want to thank the staff for their hard work in ensuring our water operations continue to be one of the best run systems in the state.
Key highlights of our 2016 accomplishments are:
- Revision and implementation of the Hunters and Hiking Rules and Procedures
- Installation of 500-Yard Safety Markers within the Common Grounds area.
- Begun preliminary investigations for any future well.
- Implementation of KPHA Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Completion of the septic and bathrooms at the park.
- Establishment of a Common Grounds Oversight committee.
- First Place: 2016 AWWA-HI Top Ops Competition; First Runner Up: 2016 Best Water Tasting in Hawaii.
Our future focus for 2017 includes:
- Continuation of the new-well study.
- Research alternative-energy options for the office and well power.
- Upgrading of Emergency Response Procedure for critical KPHA functions.
- Review of DC&Rs.
- Implementation of the KPHA Strategic Watershed Management Plan.
- Development of KPHA Long-Range Plan.
We want to thank all of you that have offered insight, suggestions, and recommendations over the last year. The board is committed to ensuring our community continues to be a great place to live, work, and play. With your input, we strive to be a better organization.
KPHA Board President